Tuesday, 23 September 2008

the people want...

some of you ask me what are the people like out here? & my simple answer is so far, they conform to an extent to the worst stereotypes that we generally associate with the American college population...very clique orientated, if I am allowed to the say.

The funniest thing for me out here, is the hostility that I have come across from the Afro American female population & the majority's attempt to say a couple of words here or there to me, but not know how to interact with me..come on people I am the same as you, I just have an ''accent'' and I'm here for a year. Apart from that I probably find the same things acceptable as you do and find things wrong just as you do.

The one thing that I was ignorant to was the divisions that exists amongst the various characters that I have in one particular class which is my AFRO PSYCHOLOGY class. Only at a group meeting did it become apparent to me, that obvious not all girls get along, lol doh! so that may have been to my detriment ?! (sorry I cant change the font size to the original size lol :P, Lego or G3 help me out here :P)but yes, maybe I should have 'begged' it in my first days here...*don't roll your eyes at me those who are at Warwick, it's not the same here*...but yeh generally, its going alright. trying not to be too picky and internally critical of some of my peers, but I have been used to a certain way...not sayin that everyone should want to flock around the girl from London, but people around here..American to Americans are not accomadating of others than those who are in the friendship group and that means not even trying to make an effort with those who they meet in the classes..that in my eyes is the saddest thing.....that said and done i have met some really nice people out here!

No comments: